The YAKSHA Ambassadors’ Day was conducted and hosted by the consortium partner CyberSecurity Malaysia (CSM) at Cyberjaya, Malaysia on 29 July 2019.
The objective of the event was to introduce the YAKSHA honeypot pilot system to the YAKSHA Ambassadors, but also explain and highlight the roles of the YAKSHA Ambassadors and the benefits of becoming a YAKSHA Ambassador. CSM further had extended the invitation to other cybersecurity actors, possibly interested to join the YAKSHA Ambassador program. A total of 28 participants from various industry and government sectors, including participants coming from Vietnam, attended the YAKSHA Ambassadors’ Day.
The program started with opening remarks by Ts. Dr. Zahri Yunos, Chief Operating Officer of CyberSecurity Malaysia. He welcomed the participants and briefly introduced the objective of YAKSHA Ambassador program. YAKSHA Partner Alessandro Guarino, YAKSHA Innovation Manager and CEO at StAG Srl then introduced the YAKSHA project itself, followed by a technical presentation on the YAKSHA platform by Miltiadis Anastasiadis, Director of Sales from Motivian.
The afternoon session started with a demonstration with live access to the YAKSHA platform, presented by Georgios Tsatsanifos who is the YAKSHA Chief Developer from Motivian. The YAKSHA system is developed to realize the concepts of honeypot deployment and honeypot analytics as a service. The concept of the YAKSHA platform is defined as a technical realization of one or more YAKSHA nodes. The YAKSHA platform allows organizations, companies and government agencies to:
- Instantiate one or more YAKSHA nodes;
- Create, customize and deploy honeypots that meet their systems’ specifications and configurations;
- Collect data of attack and malware activities, and share such data with affiliated nodes;
- Receive customized reports on results of attack analysis, severity and potential impact on the target system;
- Monitor attacks in real time and analyze them;
- Define policies for data sharing with other organizations.
After the live access system demonstration, the event continued with a discussion on the YAKSHA Ambassadors’ roles, benefits, involvement and details on the two upcoming YAKSHA End-user Events, moderated by Alessandro Guarino. The session also included two focus sessions on the following niche cybersecurity topics:
Focus session 1: “GDPR and European Data Protection Compliance: an opportunity for non-EU companies” presented by Alessandro Guarino
Focus session 2: “EU Research and development projects: Local companies and institutions opportunity with CyberSecurity Malaysia Collaboration Program (CCP)”
- Ismamuradi bin Abdul Kadir, Head of Strategy Management, CyberSecurity Malaysia
- Muhammad Anwer bin Mohamed Yusoff, Head of Cybersecurity Industry Engagement and Collaboration, CyberSecurity Malaysia.